[Eug-lug] Re: Powerbook chatter & Loony info

Ben Barrett benb at nu-world.com
Mon Jan 31 15:28:29 PST 2005

[I'm at Lunar Logic also...]
We did a presentation at an SAO brewpub last year, as well as a
colloqium meeting at the UO.  I'm not sure what events are coming up....
sorry.  I'll see what I can find out, though -- so bug me about it
off-list if I don't have any news in the next week or so.

On the Mac subject, I noticed the new powerbooks have a sudden-motion
sensor, which seems like a useful feature and could generate some good
thread on our list :)   For instance, is it a full 3D gyro (capable of,
say, location-based services and "gestures"), or it is only useful
enough to spin down the disk before it hits the ground?  ;-)

best regards,

    Ben