[Eug-lug] Favourite WM/Desktop

Jacob Meuser jakemsr at jakemsr.com
Thu Jan 27 00:32:04 PST 2005

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 10:52:09PM -0800, Mr O wrote:
> There's a few methods of desktop switching in Flux. Desktop
> Wheeling allows you to use the scroll wheel on the desktop to
> switch (personally, I find that method annoying), wheeling on
> the menu/taskbar works too. The standard 'Alt+F1, F2, etc..'
> will also get the job done. Not sure how it would work above 10
> but it would go. I stick to the default 4. I'd be happy to dump
> my menu file anytime just so you can see the structure in case
> you want to try it yourself.

10? 4?  hmm, I earlier today created 33 workspaces on blackbox.
blackbox only has one by default.  create more from the workspace
menu.  a simple right-click on any of the workspace backgrounds
brings up the menu (or if you have a 3 button mouse, the middle
button brings up just the workspace menu), and I can see what all
is open in each of the workspaces.  clicking on one of open apps
in the list jumps me to the workspace it's open in, and that app
has the focus.

or you can scroll through workspaces and focus your opened apps
with the toolbar.

looks like blackbox is getting ready for another release.  that's
good.  I was afraid it was a dying project.

--
<jakemsr at jakemsr.com>