[Eug-lug] Minicom configuration

Mike Cherba mike.cherba at caviumnetworks.com
Thu Jan 20 11:55:21 PST 2005

Allen,
I poked about a bit in minicom and discovered why the authors didn't put
command line options or environment variables in for auto linewrap and
local echo.  These variables must be initialized AFTER the terminal
emulation is completed.  The original minicom program was not
architected to easily allow this.  So, I hacked together an updated
version.  I'm sending that version to you seperately from this email
because I didn't want to spam it to the whole list.  If other people
want it I assume they'll tell me.

I've not fixed the architecture, but I grafted in two new options.
--echo or -e and --autolinefeed or -b.  They have of course been added
to the help, but not to the manpage.  If you use these options you
should see messages in the top of the window when minicom starts.  You
can just add the options to the MINICOM environment variable on machines
you need it on.
		-Mike

--
"The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart
as men, but that we will meanwhile agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard