[Eug-lug] Local dial tone providers - Qwest alternatives?

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Thu Jan 20 08:47:04 PST 2005

Alan wrote:

> My wife and I routinely ran up hundred-dollar monthly bills. Free LD
> would have been a godsend back then.

Gee, I wonder if plugging in a VoIP adapter to the room ethernet port
violates any rules in the dorms?

If not, that's a pretty good incentive for college students to use
Vonage... Those that can get a number local to home would be able to
stay in contact, and those that can't, still get free long distance...

Of course, depending on your plan, your cell phone can do much the same
thing, but it's more expensive.

Russ