[Eug-lug] Minicom configuration

Mike Cherba mike.cherba at caviumnetworks.com
Wed Jan 19 10:48:25 PST 2005

Whoops,
	I sent too soon.  What I was trying to get to is that linewrap can be
specified on the command line or in the MINICOM environment variable.
	export MINICOM="-c on -w"
for color enabled and linewrap on.  This doesn't have an option for
local echo though so I'm stumped there.
			-Mike

On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 08:30, Allen Brown wrote:
> I have an application (CMUcam) that pretty much requires me
> to set auto LF and local echo when talking to it.  Minicom
> allows me to set serial port settings (baud rate, etc) in
> the /etc/minicom/minirc.dfl file.
> But I don't see any way to set auto LF and local echo.
> Am I condemmed to manually set these options every time I
> start up minicom?
> --
> Allen Brown
>    work: Agilent Technologies      non-work: http://www.peak.org/~abrown/
>          allen_brown at agilent.com                    abrown at peak.org
>    No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism.
>    --- Sir Winston Churchill

"I care little for your Cause; I fight not for your Crown, but for your
half-crown, and your handsome women!"