[Eug-lug] Minicom configuration

Mike Cherba mike.cherba at caviumnetworks.com
Wed Jan 19 10:32:47 PST 2005

Local echo in minicom is "Ctrl-A E"
I'm not sure what you mean by auto linefeed.  do you want the text to
wrap to the next lne when you reach the end of the current one?  that is
"Ctrl-A W".
		-Mike

On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 08:30, Allen Brown wrote:
> I have an application (CMUcam) that pretty much requires me
> to set auto LF and local echo when talking to it.  Minicom
> allows me to set serial port settings (baud rate, etc) in
> the /etc/minicom/minirc.dfl file.
> But I don't see any way to set auto LF and local echo.
> Am I condemmed to manually set these options every time I
> start up minicom?
> --
> Allen Brown
>    work: Agilent Technologies      non-work: http://www.peak.org/~abrown/
>          allen_brown at agilent.com                    abrown at peak.org
>    No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism.
>    --- Sir Winston Churchill

"The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart
as men, but that we will meanwhile agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard
Avashi