[Eug-lug] Local dial tone providers - Qwest alternatives?

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Tue Jan 18 13:55:16 PST 2005

Linux Rocks! wrote:

>I have cricket, it cost less than i was giving qwest/uswest, or the other
>local providers... but cell phones are annoying... I put up with the
>inconvenience of cell phone, rather than pay qwest.

And your cricket phone doesn't work outside your home area.

I.e. take your phone to Portland... no service...

I have a friend who just moved up here, and when she came to visit, she
had no cell service... But when she was in Eugene, it worked great. If
you never leave the Eugene area, cricket is ok.

Russ