[Eug-lug] Local dial tone providers - Qwest alternatives?

John Sechrest sechrest at jas.peak.org
Tue Jan 18 08:51:04 PST 2005

I wonder if anyone has considered using one of the VOIP solutions
for phones. I know someone in portland who has done this.

I don't remember the company, but they provide a VOIP gateway to
the network and give you a regular phone number.

This assumes you have a non-qwest network at home that is fast enough.

Linux Rocks! <linux at rocksolidnetworks.com> writes:

 % Alan,
 % 	If you find a solution, please let us know.... Ive dealt with qwest/uswest
 % for a long time, but not for a few years now. I hate them. Ive had awful
 % problems in the past with them. Ive found that if you go with other local
 % providers that it just ends up costing more so that qwest can still get thier
 % cut. Im currently using a cell phone for my regular phone.
 %
 % Jamie
 %
 %