[Eug-lug] update on gentoo install

Bob Miller kbob at jogger-egg.com
Sat Aug 14 17:11:55 PDT 2004

Timothy Bolz wrote:

> I don't know what to do, short of taking my box over to a friend with
> hight speed and then doing the install.  Any suggestions?

I suggest you take your box over to a friend with high speed 'Net
connectivity. (-:  Seriously, it'll be the easiest way.

BTW, note that emerge has a --fetchonly (-f) flag.  That will fetch
the files and leave them in /usr/portage/distfiles.  Then you can take
your box home and compile packages at your leisure.

kbobsoft software consulting
http://kbobsoft.com                     kbob at jogger-egg.com