[Eug-lug] Digital Audio Tapes

Mr O notanatheist at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 12 21:42:40 PDT 2004

Sony wouldn't want us to completely dismiss MiniDisc too! MD's
are small, durable, digital, and readily available. If the
stores run out I have about 40 or so blanks laying in my room!
80 minutes a piece in Stereo, double that for mono, quadruple
that for extended play, and add even more for the newer HD MD's
that are out there. FYI, an 80 minute MD is approximately 140MB.
The new HD MD's are over 1GB IIRC.

(sidenote: they do record in ATRAC3 but at least they're easy to
work with)

That be all,
Mr O.