[Eug-lug] System Admin position.

John Sechrest sechrest at peak.org
Thu Aug 12 16:13:01 PDT 2004

 I just had this tossed my way, looking for someone who
 is a good Windows administrator. I don't know anyone
 who fits the bill, so I thought I would pass it around.

 If you know a system admin for windows, you might pass this
 to them.

--------

http://www.insightsnow.com/SystemsAdministrator.htm

Enterprise Windows Systems Administrator

Are you smart, ambitious, and wanting to make a difference with your
IT career?  Do you have excellent problem-solving and system
administration skills for enterprise-level Windows servers and
systems?  If so you may be able to join InsightsNow, a rapidly growing
national market research consulting firm based in Corvallis, Oregon,
that is changing how consumer market research is done by delivering
innovative proprietary services directly over the Internet to a
growing portfolio of Fortune 500 food, beverage and personal care
manufacturing companies.

We have an immediate-hire position open for a Systems Administrator to
maintain a highly secure Data Center which services our clients, along
with a mid-sized Windows-based internal computing environment that
includes traveling employeessystems. The position requires daily
administration of servers to prevent outages and achieve optimized
system resource performance.  The successful candidate will report
directly to the CTO and must be able to work as part of a high
performance team, with good organization and time management skills,
high motivation and strong commitment to excellence in customer
service.  Compensation is competitive and commensurate with
experience, and includes medical benefits, 401(K), and 3 weeks
vacation.  InsightsNow, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer.

Candidate must have the following knowledge/experience:
* Experience with High-Availability servers

* Experience with Highly-Secure systems

* Enterprise-level experience with Windows NT, 2000, and 2003
* Enterprise-level experience with IIS (WWW, FTP, SMTP) and .NET and
related security protection.
* Solid understanding of commonly accepted IT security principles and
practices
* Strong diagnosis and problem-solving skills
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Ability to explain technical issues in a user-friendly manner
* Ability to work both independently and in team environments
* Ability and desire to learn new skills quickly

Individuals with the following will be given preferential consideration:

* Experience as a Database Administrator with T-SQL experience is a plus

* Experience with phone systems moves and changes is a plus

*.Experience with Microsoft Clustering.

* BizTalk Server 2004

* Watchguard Firebox x1000 Firewall

* Symantec anti-virus Enterprise Edition

Responsibilities:
* Aiding the installation of new hardware infrastructure

* Applying new software releases, upgrades, patches and evaluations
* Performing Preventive Maintenance

*.Monitoring system status
* Ensure effective system backup and recovery
* Responsible for reviewing Error Logs.

* Ensure the validity of the information security policy

Certifications (Preferred)
* Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
* Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
* Microsoft Certified Professional

Experience
* Minimum of 3 years experience in formal role

Compensation:
* Salary competitive with experience
* Medical
* 3 weeks vacation annually

Applicants should send resume and three references to:
<mailto:itjobs at InsightsNow.com>itjobs at InsightsNow.com

Interviews start: Week of August 16th
Projected start date: August 30th

For further information see www.InsightsNow.com/SystemsAdministrator.htm