[Eug-lug] Announcement: EUGLUG presentation THIS SATURDAY

Christoph Otto cotto1 at cs.uoregon.edu
Mon Aug 9 13:51:59 PDT 2004

Bob Miller wrote:

><snip>Hal Pomeranz is back, and he's talking about hackers. <snip>
>Ever wondered how the bad guys break into Unix systems? <snip>

I acknowledge that most of you know more on the subject than I do, but should this be about crackers and cracking instead of hackers and hacking?  I have tremendous respect for hackers (in the original sense of the word) and hate to see the name dragged through the mud.  The media who originally changed the perceived meaning of the word don't know any better, but shouldn't we?