[Eug-lug] Announcement: EUGLUG presentation THIS SATURDAY

Bob Miller kbob at jogger-egg.com
Mon Aug 9 13:28:08 PDT 2004

Sorry for the short notice, but we're delighted to have a
presentation for this Saturday.  Hal Pomeranz is back, and
he's talking about hackers.

	Topic:   How They Do It: Unix Hacking 101
	Speaker: Hal Pomeranz
	Time:    Saturday, August 14th, 1:00 PM
	Place:   EFN, 43 W. Broadway, Eugene

	Ever wondered how the bad guys break into Unix systems? Ever
	wonder what they do once they get in?  Hal Pomeranz, primary
	instructor for the SANS Institute's Unix Security Track,
	discusses stack smashing, session hijacking, and other
	nefarious tricks for breaking into Unix systems.  This talk
	will also look at the current state of the art in the rootkits
	that attackers use to escape detection and maintain access
	after a successful break-in.

This is Part I of a two-part series.  Hal will present Part II in
Corvallis in September.

kbobsoft software consulting
http://kbobsoft.com                     kbob at jogger-egg.com