[Eug-lug] mac-mini mac-slack-ub-lin meeting

T. Joseph CARTER knghtbrd at bluecherry.net
Wed Jan 26 21:56:24 PST 2005

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 06:27:56PM -0800, Mr O wrote:
> Actually all I've tried so far is an old QuickCam (doesn't
> work), my Zaurus (sees it but haven't gotten the sync working
> yet), mini Logitech keyboard, MS Optical mouse, 15" NEC LCD,
> speakers, and digital camera. I've thought of even hooking up a
> scanner and printer to the machine and making a little
> workstation out of it to scan docs and actually do work type
> stuff from as it's adequate enough for that.

If the quickcam is old enough, it is miniDIN serial and ADB, and you will
never find drivers for it.

The USB quickcam is another story.  You can even get USB QuickTime drivers
(3rd party) which allow you to use it with iChat.  Of course, using a B&W
quickcam on iChat and videochatting random people is likely to make you
feel inadequate since they'll all be using iSights and other firewire
cameras (or at least, other colour cameras!)