[Eug-lug] mounting old Mac floppy

horst horsu at freeshell.org
Sun Jan 23 22:55:15 PST 2005

I try to extract some files from a Mac floppy that's about 7 years old.

It says 1.4MB , and I can 'dd if=/dev/fd0 ...'  --I can roughly see the
stuff I want in the 1.4MB dump, but it's a mess.

I tried to mount using several /dev/fd*  but always bumped out not knowing
the type (-t) . I looked at the types offered by fdisk, but non looked
mac-floppyish enough to give it a chance.

Any hints ???

  - Horst
  (I could look for an old Mac at work, but it would be cool to do it under
Linux :-)