[Eug-lug] Computer time

Jacob Meuser jakemsr at jakemsr.com
Sun Jan 23 15:36:13 PST 2005

On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 02:12:21PM -0800, Allen Brown wrote:

> Emacs and vi are also not word processors since they don't really
> support fonts.  But they are programming environments.  If you
> will be programming it makes sense to get an editor that supports
> you in that.

I don't like emacs because it tries to format my code for me.  I
condsider that unsupportive, and actually kinda rude.

UNIX _is_ a programming environment, made up of many simple tools,
doing one thing and doing it well.  that's why there is indent,
ctags, lint, sed, etc, etc.  knowing how to use those tools
individually is far more useful than knowing how a particular
program reimplements them.

--
<jakemsr at jakemsr.com>