[Eug-lug] Computer time

Jim K kjim9 at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 21 18:35:31 PST 2005

      I just did a man ex on a mandrake 10 community system and it
displayed the vim man page. Is ex just an alias for vim?
I have had at least one linux system that didn't have ex, but they all
had ed. You can create a program or script that creates a
script that executes ed and operate on another file. ed is small and
could be loaded on thing like linux ipods the Zuarus series of machines
etc, without using up memory.
    Also if you have used a line editor in the past ed is easy to pick
up and run with.
Jim K