[Eug-lug] Local dial tone providers - Qwest alternatives?

Linux Rocks! linux at rocksolidnetworks.com
Wed Jan 19 09:51:11 PST 2005

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 01:55 pm, Russ Johnson wrote:
: Linux Rocks! wrote:
: >I have cricket, it cost less than i was giving qwest/uswest, or the other
: >local providers... but cell phones are annoying... I put up with the
: >inconvenience of cell phone, rather than pay qwest.
:
: And your cricket phone doesn't work outside your home area.
:
: I.e. take your phone to Portland... no service...

Oh,  but thats only one of the problems with cricket... They also dont have
any features in a cell that I want, and none of the features of thier service
(other than phone/vmail) interest me.

:
: I have a friend who just moved up here, and when she came to visit, she
: had no cell service... But when she was in Eugene, it worked great. If
: you never leave the Eugene area, cricket is ok.
:
: Russ
: EUGLUG mailing list
: euglug at euglug.org