[Eug-lug] Local dial tone providers - Qwest alternatives?

T. Joseph CARTER knghtbrd at bluecherry.net
Tue Jan 18 16:16:52 PST 2005

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 10:01:59AM -0800, Russ Johnson wrote:
> I'm using Vonage in Beaverton, and it's great. $27 (including taxes) and
> I get all the local and long distance (US and Canada) I want, and many
> of the features you pay extra for with Qwest and Verizon come with it.
> Including voice mail, call waiting, caller id...

How are the international rates?

I have the rare occasion to call Hong Kong, London, and Tokyo.  Rare
occasions, but still worthwhile.

This already sounds like it has possibilities.  Already I can say that I
get internet access in more places than I get a clear cellular signal in
Eugene, and I could live with s 503 number.