[Eug-lug] This week's meeting - back to basics (and components)

Linux Rocks! linux at rocksolidnetworks.com
Thu Jan 13 17:37:04 PST 2005

So, Meeting Tonite...

Looks like Joseph will be demonstrating his oldworld skills on reletively new
computer gear (brand new last year technology).

I too have a computer we can do that sort of thing to, its an intel based
computer, and it cost about twice what Josephs cost. Ive been trying to get
this working with the onboard raid controller, sadly absofreakingly
luck-free. I purchased a cheapo ide raid controller from stan (he was out
last week...) and booted ububntu... and my drives showed up. So, I think
Ubunto was actaully able to detect all my hardware (even the cheapo pci wifi
card).

I have Ubunto CD's (the live cd, and the 2 install cd for i386), I dont have
my knoppix or gentoo cd's (left them at a friends...). I have slack 10
install cd's (they both are bootable).

The New computer has a cd/dvd burner in it, so we can use it to make disks (I
have blanks...) of anything we want... but my primary computer is out for
repairs :(

Dairymart is on the corner of 1st and Monroe. Im at the corner of 2nd and
Monroe. If  you need something from Sweet Life, they are on Monroe and
blair/7th/8th non-sense intersection.

Its currently 46 degree's I have a big porch for those that want to bike
here... still a little cold for me to be biking...

Address is:
211 Monroe
u-jean orygun.
I still havnt found my little blue router... if anyone has one, it could be
handy for those that require wires.

Jamie