[Eug-lug] This week's meeting - back to basics (and components)

Linux Rocks! linux at rocksolidnetworks.com
Thu Jan 13 17:14:00 PST 2005

On Thursday 13 January 2005 09:57 am, Bob Miller wrote:
: T. Joseph CARTER wrote:
: > For my second trick of the evening, I'm going to use a live Linux CD
: > (probably Knoppix or Ubuntu or something) to make the system work.
:
: I'd be interested in seeing Ubuntu or SimplyMepis, as I've never seen
: those distros.

You missed out, we did those last week. (well... I didnt try the mepsis one
yet, but This crazy cab driver came by, and kicked down some cool linux cd's.

They will be around tonite too....
Jamie

:
: I installed Xandros on Anne's laptop yesterday.  I think I'll mail out
: a mini review.  Spoiler: installing Knoppix today.
:
: > If you really want to see this process start to finish, please let me
: > know so that I don't start before you arrive.  ;)
:
: I've seen hardware, thanks.  If you really want to see hardware
: assembly, give Mr. O a box of parts.  In the time that you or I would
: look through the box and see what's in there, Mr. O will have pulled
: everything out and built the system.
:
: > BTW, hey Mike, does computerbase happen to have thumbscrews?  This thing
: > (ASUS Terminator) has two screws, one of them is a pretty standard type,
: > the other would be if not for being rather long.  If you've got them, I'm
: > interested.  Given how cheap this thing is, it's amazingly easy to get at
: > its innards after you take out those two screws.  It'd be so much nicer
: > if you didn't have to worry about them.  =)
:
: I have some.  I will try to show up tonight, if I can find Jamie's
: house.

--
Manchmal stehe nachts auf und installier's mir einfach...
	-- H0arry @ IRC