[Eug-lug] Ubuntu CDs

Bob Miller kbob at jogger-egg.com
Thu Jan 13 11:50:36 PST 2005

T. Joseph CARTER wrote:

> > Yabbut it's only a 40 Gb disk.  I wonder if Apple's done anything to
> > make it difficult to swap in a bigger drive.
>
> No way, it's either a standard notebook drive or a standard 3.5" drive
> (ATA more likely than SATA in this case..)  Getting at the drive might be
> fun, of course, but it would be possible.

The version of MacOS that came with my Quadra 800, System 7.X, checked
the disk's SCSI IDENT.  If the vendor ID wasn't Apple, the disk
formatting tool refused to run.  This was a mild annoyance, as disks
were expensive enough back then that another $40 for third party
formatting software was lost in the noise.

kbobsoft software consulting
http://kbobsoft.com                     kbob at jogger-egg.com