[Eug-lug] Debian fubaria question

John Sechrest sechrest at jas.peak.org
Wed Jan 12 12:02:57 PST 2005

 % Should I be running Debian stable or unstable? Which one is easier to
 % upgrade as new software comes out? I am familiar with basic apt-get
 % operations.

 Debian has three releases: Stable, Testing and Unstable.

 Sage is the current Testing release.

 You should NOT be running UNSTABLE unless you want to be a beta tester
 and do real debugging work.

 If you want rock solid , you use stable, but give up features.

 If you want features and you can afford a bit of blips from
 time to time, then testing is right for you.

-----
                        .           computers and the Internet
                          .            more effectively
                             .