[Eug-lug] Debian fubaria question

perdurabo perdurabo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 11:42:41 PST 2005

Which "release" should I be running on a personal (but production
server) with about 20 users utilizing apache and mail and all that
stuff? I'm mostly a BSD (and OS X) person.

I've been running Sarge on a laptop and another machine and they seem
plenty stable, but the debian site recommends Debian stable, which,
depending on the page you visit there, was released in 2002 or Jan
2005.

I'm freakin' confused and Googling just causes more confusion.

Should I be running Debian stable or unstable? Which one is easier to
upgrade as new software comes out? I am familiar with basic apt-get
operations.

Thanks for any help,
per