[Eug-lug] Linux WiFi troubleshooting?

larry price laprice at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 11:47:00 PST 2005

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 08:00:49 -0800, Bob Miller <kbob at jogger-egg.com> wrote:

> Anyone know what a BSSID is?  That's what kismet reports, and
> I kind of assumed that's the access point's MAC.  But is it?

BSSID : Basic Service Set Identifier

> Anyway, I used ifconfig, iwconfig (frustratingly), and kismet.  What
> else should I be using when the wireless doesn't work?

It sounds like the wireless was working on your laptop,
but you were having problems with associating to the network,
which meant that effectively you didn't even have a MAC address

--
http://Zoneverte.org -- information explained
Do you know what your IT infrastructure does?