[Eug-lug] Printer Question

Allen Brown allen_brown at agilent.com
Tue Jan 11 10:03:51 PST 2005

larry price wrote:
> 1. any network printer (drawback $$$)
>
> 2. any native postscript printer (again $$)
>
> 3. Anything listed in here http://www.linuxprinting.org/printer_list.cgi
> ( much cheaper but more time consuming)
>
> One alternative is to buy a dedicated print server
>  n < $100
> Netgear makes one that includes a 4-port switch and firewall,
> D-link makes about 4 different models,
> and there's probably a bunch of off-brand manufacturers as well.
> (realistically that's $35.00 USD worth of electronics that should have
> been in the printer in the first place but Oh well)

That won't help with sleek.  It would require the print server
to run windoze so it can run the proprietary driver.

The HP Deskjet 985Cxi works.  Spendy.
--
Allen Brown
   work: Agilent Technologies      non-work: http://www.peak.org/~abrown/
         allen_brown at agilent.com	            abrown at peak.org
   I figure you have the same chance of winning the lottery
   whether you play or not. ---Fran Libowitz

-