[Eug-lug] SAO Corvallis Meeting 1/13 - Digital Entertainment Panel

John Sechrest sechrest at jas.peak.org
Sun Jan 9 16:16:54 PST 2005

I would like to share information about the next SAO meeting:

   SAO Corvallis Meeting
   January 13, 2005
   At Corvallis Inn on 9th Street
   Social gathering at 6:00, open mike at 6:30
   Panel discussion starts at 6:45pm

   Come join us for some fun and insights into one of Corvallis's emerging
   business clusters.

   Panel Discussion:

	 "Digital Entertainment as a Business"

 This month we are very pleased to have a panel of local business leaders
 share their insights into the business dimensions of today's -- and
 tomorrow's --electronic entertainment marvels. Our panelists represent
 diverse points of view -- technology visionary, retail sales, digital
 advertising services, software manufacturing, display hardware, PC
 peripherals and even complete entertainment systems:

  Larry Plotkin   Hewlett-Packard  (our Moderator)
  Jim Richardson  Natural Point
  Jon Herlocker   OSU and MusicStrands
  Paul  Rentz     Rush Hour Photo
  Mike Shelby     IGT
  Tom Searcy      MagicBox
  Brian Cripe	  Hewlett-Packard

 These luminaries, each a solid technologist as well as an experienced
 businessperson, will help us navigate a future that promises new
 enabling technologies, converging business sectors and challenging
 business models.  If you are a technologist, a consumer, an
 enterprising capitalist, a content provider, an educator or an
 interested citizen, then this discussion will help you make better
 decisions.  In addition, we expect it to be entertaining!  There will
 be an opportunity for audience questions.

 If you have not already done so, mark January 13 on y our calendar
 and join us for this discussion.  Please RSVP to "Gloria Sica" <
 <http://us.f411.mail.yahoo.com/ym/[email protected]&YY=73
 158&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b>
 gloria.sica at imtech-or.com> so that we will know how much food to
 order.  $10 at the door.

 Come and bring your friends and co-workers, forward this message to anyone
 that might be interested.