[Eug-lug] euglug wiki

larry price laprice at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 09:29:26 PST 2005

http://lid.meshnet.org/
I get
Host lid.meshnet.org not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

I've occasionally thought that a publically accessible LDAP server
that could serve
as an authentication host for a variety of different sites (possibly
charging based on volume) { eg. nothing if a particular referrer
passed less than 10 requests, but actual money for sites with 10's of
thousands of authentications }

But it's a technical solution to a social problem.

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 19:14:00 -0800, John Sechrest <sechrest at jas.peak.org> wrote:

> Would the keepers of the EUG-LUG wiki be willing to check out LID?
>
> http://lid.meshnet.org
>
> It is a distributed ID... Can we merge this into the wiki code?
>
> Jacob Meuser <jakemsr at jakemsr.com> writes:
>
>  % On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 03:46:50PM -0500, Timothy Bolz wrote:
>  % > I just went to the euglug wiki and it's changed.   Is the wiki being used for
>  % > advertising chinese porn?  I don't know if anyone's been going to the site.
>  % > http://wiki.euglug.org/moin.cgi/
>  % > I know I don't read chinese or japanese or korean.  Could someone check into
>  % > this and let us know.
>  %
>  % this is common, Wiki-spam.
>  %
>  % a Wiki I contribute to recently changed from open to password access
>  % because of sometimes twice daily spammings.
>  %
>  % --
>  % <jakemsr at jakemsr.com>
>  % _______________________________________________
>  % EUGLUG mailing list
>  % euglug at euglug.org
>
> -----
> John Sechrest          .         Helping people use
>                         .           computers and the Internet
>                           .            more effectively
>                              .
>                                  .       Internet: sechrest at peak.org
>                                       .
>                                               . http://www.peak.org/~sechrest

http://Zoneverte.org -- information explained
Do you know what your IT infrastructure does?