[Eug-lug] New computer still not working...

Linux Rocks! linux at rocksolidnetworks.com
Sat Jan 8 16:16:39 PST 2005

On Saturday 08 January 2005 02:02 pm, Mr O wrote:
: I might have next weekend clear. I'd like to take a look at it.
: You've gotten as far as recognizing the controller so it
: shouldn't be too much more to recognize the drives.

that would be cool, I really need this to be working by then, im going nuts.
I've been messing with raid.s slack kernel... im not sure if its working, but
i now have 15 screens worth of /dev dir... maybe something will work.

:
: Question for you though, do you have the drives set up as an
: array on the controller already? If so, break the array and see
: if the drives show up when linux boots.

right now its setup as an array, but ive had it setup w/out the array, just as
"single" disks, with not luck :(

Jamie
:
: --- Linux Rocks! <linux at rocksolidnetworks.com> wrote:
: > It has another pair of ide channels, the primary one is ata
: > 133, and the
: > secondary is ata 100.
: > I have these drives:
: > 2x 200gb ata133 ide maxtor drives.
: > 1x 160gb ata133 ide maxtor drive.
: > 1x CD/DVDR
: >
: > The way your supposed to hook this up, would be with the 160
: > on /dev/hda, dvdr
: > on /dev/hdc, and the 200gb disks as master/slave on the sis
: > 180.
:
: Do you Yahoo!?
: Meet the all-new My Yahoo! - Try it today!
: http://my.yahoo.com
:
:
: EUGLUG mailing list