[Eug-lug] grrrr.... damn computers!

Mr O notanatheist at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 23:07:19 PST 2005

Software RAID is more of a pain in the arse to get going on your
boot drives. I do as BobC does and have a seperate boot drive
for the OS and soft mirrored drives for the data. Odds are if
it's in the kernel all you have to do is build it in instead of
a module and DON"T FORGET TO ADD RAID SUPPORT (a mistake I've
done rebuilding kernels forcing to drop in and rebuild again),
and the drives should pick up on boot. I wouldn't mind taking a
look at it for you some time. I just need to be a little less
busy.