[Eug-lug] Good/cool new(ish) Linux Apps/Utils

larry price laprice at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 20:21:50 PST 2005

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 22:11:01 -0800 (PST), Jason <chanjb at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey list:
>
> I'm switching my work lappy back to Linux after a
> 10-month odyssey in XP-land. I haven't had my nose in
> too much of the recent tools being released, so I was
> wondering what folks on the list thought were the most
> useful tools/apps/utils to make news in the last year
> or so.

It's not exactly new, but I've found myself using ImageMagick a lot lately
also bittorrent (mostly for fetching iso's) (got the latest gnoppix)

On the prgramming level I've been using Reportlab a fair bit.
(a python toolkit for generating pdf from a script)

The last two I'd mention in this context aren't exactly applications,
they're websites that act like applications.

First off del.icio.us is a social bookmarks manager that works,
my links are available at http://del.icio.us/laprice

Second Flickr is a photo sharing/social network site; I've got a bunch
of cool photos up at http://flickr.com/photos/laprice/