[Eug-lug] grrrr.... damn computers!

Linux Rocks! linux at rocksolidnetworks.com
Tue Jan 4 14:40:34 PST 2005

On Tuesday 04 January 2005 06:33 pm, Russ Johnson wrote:
: Linux Rocks! wrote:
: >So, Im still trying to backup my laptop, and thats being a pain in the
: > ass... kbear keeps barfing on me.. getting real tired if that, but whats
: > pissing me off more is this damn raid setup. I still havnt gotten linux
: > to see the drives. I have tested it in windows xp, and the hardware does
: > work.
:
: I've had hardware raid controllers that Linux refused to see as raid. It
: would see each drive individually, and use them that way, even when the
: raid bios had a raid set up.
:
: Not much help, but that's been my experience with both Promise and Hi
: Point raid controllers.
:
: My solution was to forget the hardware raid and go with a strictly
: software raid solution.
Thats what I will likely do... assuming I can get the drives to work under
linux!

Jamie
:
: Russ
: EUGLUG mailing list
: euglug at euglug.org

Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)
	-- Linus Torvalds, about his failing hard drive on linux.cs.helsinki.fi