[Eug-lug] grrrr.... damn computers!

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Tue Jan 4 15:33:09 PST 2005

Linux Rocks! wrote:

>So, Im still trying to backup my laptop, and thats being a pain in the ass...
>kbear keeps barfing on me.. getting real tired if that, but whats pissing me
>off more is this damn raid setup. I still havnt gotten linux to see the
>drives. I have tested it in windows xp, and the hardware does work.

I've had hardware raid controllers that Linux refused to see as raid. It
would see each drive individually, and use them that way, even when the
raid bios had a raid set up.

Not much help, but that's been my experience with both Promise and Hi
Point raid controllers.

My solution was to forget the hardware raid and go with a strictly
software raid solution.

Russ