[Eug-lug] usb floppy??

Steve euglinux at nwtechops.com
Tue Aug 31 16:51:08 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 20:45, Allen Brown wrote:

> The 2.6 kernel has a mechanism for dealing with this.  I don't
> remember all the details.  But it involves providing more useful
> information in the replacement for /proc.  Or something like that.
> --
> Allen Brown

Mandrake 10 makes use of the supermount kernel module. After switching
to the root user and profile you should be able to `lsmod` and see the
supermount module listed. In the mdk 10 implementation you should be
able to plug the floppy into a working usb connection, insert a floppy
into the drive and do `supermount enable`. If everything is functioning
correctly then fstab will contain an odd entry for the floppy drive.
When the device becomes active supermount will automagically mount the
file system.

Give it a try,

Steve