[Eug-lug] still cant find usb floppy on my laptop

walter freihube wfreihube at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 30 11:44:47 PDT 2004

I have tried all suggestions to no avail. The only command which gave any
hope is  mount{single space}/dev/fco  with the last character being a
alphameric not numeric as I had expected. The box's reply was "cant find  in
/etc/fstab  or  /etc/mtab"  . Even  though I entered all commands from  /  .
Trying to get to /etc/fstab  or  /etc/mtab  resulted in permission denied.
Please pretty please somebody help me further, there is progress however
slow.  My redhat 7 book says ide designations start with  /dev/hd[letter]
what if my sys. is SCSI  the book does not cover this point..WF.