[Eug-lug] ancient laptop for Linux-Tiny

Garl Grigsby badd_karma at comcast.net
Sun Aug 29 15:26:20 PDT 2004

Christoph Otto wrote:

> I'd like to borrow an old laptop to experiment with the Linux-Tiny
> (http://www.selenic.com/tiny-about/) set of patches.  If someone has a
> laptop with 16MB or less or RAM and a 100 mHz or slower CPU that I
> could borrow for a week, I'd appreciate it.  I'll be there next Thurs.
> and would return it at the subsequent meeting.  A NIC would be nice,
> but I plan on testing only a custom bootable floppy and a possibly
> seeing how small I can get a the kernel without losing any functionality.
> I don't expect it to be highly valued, but I can bring collateral if
> necessary.
> Thanks,
> Christoph

Christoph,
    Did you ever find a laptop to use? I have a laptop that has been
sitting under my desk unused for some time (months, maybe years...) I
believe it is a P90 with 32 MB of RAM. I know that the system is beefier
than you requested but it is yours if you are interested. The only
problems are that the battery is shot (surprise, surprise, surprise) and
that there is no carom drive, but I doubt that would have much affect
on  your testing.

Let me know if you are interested.

Garl