[Eug-lug] e-mail test

Max Lemieux max at lunarlogic.com
Fri Aug 27 10:19:41 PDT 2004

The following Gmail features make me happy:
	- Large allowed attachment size compared to other webmail (10MB)
	- 1GB mailbox, you can choose to "archive" messages for easy searchability or
move them to the trash to be deleted if you know you never want to see them again.
	- You can type a search word in a field at the top of the page, and it quickly
filters through all of your mail (address, subject, body) for matches,
displaying them in ranked order.
	- Autocomplete of addresses (from address book) is quite handy, has sort of a
mini-LDAP feel to it.
	- There are no user-defined folders to manage; instead the above-mentioned
search feature allows access to any message quite rapidly.
	- The whole interface is low-bandwidth, ads and most buttons/labels are text
only, so the site flies.

In short this is the first webmail I've used that rivals pop mail in ease of use
and function. Gmail's search features, as you might expect, are easier to use
than the mail clients I'm familiar with. Plus I don't have to store 1GB of mail
on my hard drive :)

Regards,
-Max