[Eug-lug] Walters request=bring Debian disks

T. Joseph CARTER knghtbrd at bluecherry.net
Sat Aug 21 00:34:51 PDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 06:13:30PM +0000, walter freihube wrote:
> I am ready to quit the Mandrake frustation. Will someone please bring to
> the next meeting a complete Debian release on CD's . I will either copy
> them or preferably keep them and reimburse the donor with 2 blank CD's for
> every disk offered me. If this is not possible perhaps I should go back to
> my 80286 laptop running DOS 4.01, at least there I feel competent enough to
> use Wordperfect 5.1. At this level of technology I have a complete set of
> documentation to which I can turn for support. I think 8 months is long
> enough to try getting some results on Linux. Having been unable to get ANY
> help from Mandrakelinux club at all, I am requesting my$120.00 membership
> dues returned, now I will see how honorable THEY are.

Hey Walter, if nobody else has volunteered, I can make some Debian CDs
sometime in a few days.  I might even be able to arrange a DVD-R, if you
prefer.

As I currently have no Intel-speaking machines and therefore would not be
able to use the burned media, I'd like to know beforehand if they'll be
needed.

I have little need of blank media--I am up to my ears in CD media and have
enough DVD media to last until I bite the bullet and upgrade to a drive
that supports +R DL in addition to others.  =)