[Eug-lug] esound and devfs?

Linux Rocks! linux at rocksolidnetworks.com
Sat Aug 7 07:24:33 PDT 2004

OK, So I had to do some looking about regarding this esound issue... Ive been
using esound(esd) for years (hey, I love E!). I just checked my Slack 10
system (less than on month old now). and I have esd 0.34 installed. I checked
the esd (esound) website, and it says the latest is 0.28.

Slackware hasnt shipped with enlightenment since version 8.1 Ive been using
very old binaries (.tgz slack packages) for enlightenment (how long have I
been waiting for E 0.17 ???)
Anyway The binaries Ive been using for esd were compiled against OSS  (not
alsa), and slack now uses alsa so I did have a problem with esd... however I
cant remeber how I fixed it! I may have built a new esd using alsa... that
seems to be the last thing I remember mucking with (as far as esd).

Jamie