[Eug-lug] TV Tuner Card

Bob Miller kbob at jogger-egg.com
Sun Aug 1 21:12:07 PDT 2004

Jacob Meuser wrote:

> I believe this is actually a Conexant Fusion Bt878a.  It may have issues
> with ACPI.  I think I remember reading something about this in the
> btwincap driver.  The card I have has this chip, but it doesn't affect
> me, since I don't use ACPI in Linux, and ACPI isn't supported in
> OpenBSD.

Today I...  rebooted with "noacpi" on the boot command line, upgraded
to X.org's X server, switched from ATI's proprietary fglrx driver to
X.org's free radeon driver, re-emerged xawtv, dinked with my xorg.conf
(formerly called XF86Config), and successfully watched a bit of
television.  Unfortunately, there was nothing good on. (-:

Thanks for your help!

kbobsoft software consulting
http://kbobsoft.com                     kbob at jogger-egg.com