[Eug-lug] Re: finding Opera

Max Lemieux max at lunarlogic.com
Mon Aug 2 05:46:00 PDT 2004

Hmmm...

I don't think that command had anything to do with it. Try "which opera", that
might show you where the opera executable file is. After you find it, you could
do something like

$ ln -s /usr/bin/opera /home/alan/opera

to create a shortcut from the /usr/bin/opera file to your home directory (or
change the second address to put it somewhere else).

If you do a "ls -l" in your home directory, you may see something like

"lrwxrwxrwx  1 alan  alan       152 Jun  3 13:08 opera > /usr/bin/opera"

which means a shortcut is already present, since you said that Opera was
appearing in your home directory.

-Max