[Eug-lug] Posting photo's on debian liunux

Allen Brown abrown at peak.org
Fri Mar 10 20:05:09 PST 2006

Jeff Newton wrote:
> I have a friend who is going to be loaning me his sony mavica FD-95 and
> stores the pics in JPG format on a 3.5" disk, he say's. But, I'm
> wondering how can I use it to get those photo's from the camera to my
> box, than uploaded to an online gallery or website?
>
> Thanks -
>
> Jeff

If your /etc/fstab has an entry like this:
   /dev/fd0   /media/floppy0   auto    rw,user,noauto,owner   0 0
(including the "user" and "owner" modifiers) then as non-root
you can simply insert the floppy from the mavica and then type
   mount /media/floppy0

You then need to search around on the floppy for the pictures.
I haven't worked with Sony.  But the cameras I've worked with
stuck the pix into subdirectories.
   find /media/floppy0/. | grep -i jpg

Once you find them, just copy them whereever you want.
As for the website, someone else will have to help you.
--
Allen Brown  abrown at peak.org  http://www.peak.org/~abrown/
   I think I think; therefore, I think I am. ---Ambrose Bierce