[Eug-lug] Rhythmbox issue and iPod Nano continuation

Brian Gallagher baggab at pacinfo.com
Mon Jun 12 08:14:17 PDT 2006

I am building an ogg collection on FC4 using Rhythmbox.  I hit a limit
of 2480 files then it hangs on loading more files.  Files are large 480
kbps (approx) 12 MB per (approx.)  There is ample disk space: 35 GB free
space.

My neighbor says Rockbox is good for playing oggs on an iPod Nano.  I
will need to pair down file size to a 192 kbps equivalent.  Waste of
time: just maintain an MP3 file collection?  Any one using this stuff?