[Eug-lug] Free O'Reilly book

Rob Hudson rob at euglug.net
Thu Jan 27 13:32:54 PST 2005

Jeff_W wrote:
> Rob Hudson <rob at euglug.net> wrote:
>

>>Hello EUGLUGsters,
>>
>>O'Reilly is offering a free O'Reilly book of our choosing if we put a
>>little ad on our website with a link to the upcoming Emerging Technology
>>conference.
>>
>>This would only take a few minutes of my time.  What book would the
>>EUGLUG collective like to add to their library?
>

> Not that I'll get to see it but ...
>
> "Knoppix Hacks" might be a good one.

We've got a copy of that in the EUGLUG library.  Unfortunately, only
Kbob and I know what books are in the library at this moment.  It's no
secret.  I had planned on publishing a list on our website along with a
note on who currently has the book.  That way if someone wants to
request it, they just send an email or something and the webmaster
updates the library list.

I'll see if I can get at least a list up in the next day or two, then
either put it in a db backend, or something to make it easy to maintain.

BTW, we have about 4-5 books from O'Reilly who were gracious enough to
send us those books without asking.  Knoppix Hacks is there, Mind Hacks
is another, I believe.  And a couple cookbook type books.

-Rob