[Eug-lug] Wrapping for Access Control

Jeff_W beaker at freeshell.org
Sat Jan 22 18:17:45 PST 2005

Bob Miller <kbob at jogger-egg.com> wrote:

> > Anyways, is there some easy way of "wrapping" PYG for use w/ TCP
> > Wrappers or do I need to look at something else like IP Filter,
> > etc. ?
>
> A daemon has to be written differently to be invoked from inetd than
> if it runs standalone.  If you're interested in doing that I'll
> provide details.  But first, check the man page for flags that make it
> work under inetd.

Yeah, I found something in the gopher list archives from the author
stating that there was no built-in inetd/xnetd support.  I'm curious
if there is a python module or flag that might change the character
of a program so as to allow invocation via inetd. John Goerzen,
PYG's author, appears to be somewhat of an authority on python coding
for network services so maybe it's not a trivial task:

http://www.complete.org/

Anyways, I've come across 'tcpserver' (part of ucspi-tcp by
D. J. Bernstein, the Qmail guy) which might do the trick:

http://cr.yp.to/ucspi-tcp.html

-Jeff