[Eug-lug] Wrapping for Access Control

horst horsu at freeshell.org
Sat Jan 22 14:50:40 PST 2005

> Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 18:49:25 -0800
> From: "[iso-8859-1] Jeff_W" <beaker at freeshell.org>
> #   File "/usr/pkg/lib/python2.3/SocketServer.py", line 341, in
server_bind
> #     self.socket.bind(self.server_address)
> #   File "<string>", line 1, in bind
> # socket.error: (48, 'Address already in use')

Expanding on the python part.
The exception indicates the port is already 'taken' (LISTEN).
I don't understand TCP wrappers, but from Bob's comment I'd guess the
wrapper is listening to port:70(?)

Try netstat <options -which I can't remember right now> to check your
portscape.

To explore the python exception you can temporarily change
    /usr/pkg/lib/python2.3/SocketServer.py
Before the bind() enter:
         sys.stderr.write( str(self.server_address) )
         self.socket.bind(self.server_address)
(use the same indentation -- 8 spaces i believe)