[Eug-lug] Computer time

Max Lemieux max at lunarlogic.com
Fri Jan 21 12:49:58 PST 2005

Walter,
Allow me to suggest "nano" as a gentler introduction to the world of
console text editors.

All the commands (copy, paste, save, quit, find, etc) are visible
on-screen, and you can just type and use arrow keys as expected.

True, it doesn't have ANY of the power of vi or emacs, but for basic
editing it's always worked for me.

p.s. "pico" is the ancestor of nano and is sometimes available on
systems where nano is not. similar ease of use.

-Max