[Eug-lug] Gentoo and ~x86 feedback loop?

Rob Hudson rob at euglug.net
Thu Jan 20 14:47:08 PST 2005

How many Gentoo users are among us these days?

I saw the announcement that XFCE 4.2 was released.  It had been awhile
since I had used it so I thought I'd give it another try.  The day after
it was released it showed up in portage under ~x86.  I added the
appropriate files to my /etc/portage/package.keywords file and installed it.

So far it has been working great.  As I understand it, the way a package
moves from ~x86 to x86 is by developers reporting that it has been
working fine.

Is is possible for users to report the same?  If so, how?

Thanks,
Rob