[Eug-lug] Local dial tone providers - Qwest alternatives?

Alan euglug at thebucks.net
Wed Jan 19 13:38:29 PST 2005

Linux Rocks! wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 January 2005 12:41 pm, Alan wrote:
> SNIP...
> : I've looked at Skype, but since most of our calls are incoming, I don't
> : think it will fit the bill for what we need.
>
> Hmm... mostly incomming. have you looked into 800 numbers? or something
> simular?
>
> Jamie

Well, my LD company gives me an 866 number which I use when I travel.
they just charge me my normal LD rate(3.9 cents/minute).
Vonage has an 800 number option for $4.95, which I could use to until
they discover the 541 area code. Have to be prepared for some odd looks
though when local folk ask your phone number. heh.

The main obstacle right now is finding decent broadband that's not
Qwest. Comcast's upstream is simply horrible.

-ajb