[Eug-lug] Local dial tone providers - Qwest alternatives?

Linux Rocks! linux at rocksolidnetworks.com
Wed Jan 19 09:36:09 PST 2005

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 04:18 pm, Bob Miller wrote:
: Ben Barrett wrote:
: > EWEB has almost-dark [but not quite dark] fiber running along 11th Ave
: > (and some of Oak downtown)... startup costs are exorbitant, but if
: > anyone is looking at homes with the best future-potential for bandwidth,
: > I think this is a worthy consideration!
:
: I looked into dark fiber, but got quoted $1000/month/mile, and
: dropped it.  That's two orders of magnitude too high, even if I
: shared it with the whole neighborhood.
:
: AT&T has a fiber bundle running along Territorial, right underneath
: our mailbox...

Hey, hold them to that math as long as you have 0 miles, then it should be
free right ?

Jamie

--
The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.  After that, it's all learned.
	-- Bruce Ediger, bediger at teal.csn.org, on X interfaces